Saturday 15 February 2014

Hard Riddles - Page 2

I was born in the 18th century, yet still live on today. Appearing on TV when I have something to say. Called everything from "honest" to a dirty rotten "crook", I used to wear a wig, but have had several looks. I've always had a party, but never disturb the neighbors. I've been shot at many times - major stories for the papers. What am I?
Answer: The office of the President of the United States

No head has he but he wears a hat. No feet has he but he stands up straight. On him perhaps a fairy sat, weaving a spell one evening late!
Answer: A toadstool

The sun bakes them, the hand breaks them, the foot treads on them, and the mouth tastes them. What are they?
Answer: Grapes

What's long and thin, covered in skin; red in parts, and put in tarts?
Answer: Rhubarb

What can touch someone once and last them a lifetime?
Answer: Love

What demands an answer, but asks no question?
Answer: A telephone

The higher I climb, the hotter I engage, I can not escape my crystal cage.
Answer: A thermometer

Feed me and I live, give me a drink and I die. What am I?
Answer: Fire

What is worse than the Devil and better than God? Dead people eat it always, live people who eat it die slowly.
Answer: Nothing

A word I know, six letters it contains. Subtract just one, and twelve is what remains.
Answer: The word 'dozens'. Take away the 's', and you have the word 'dozen', which is twelve.


No comments:

Post a Comment