Friday 14 February 2014

Not so easy riddles - Page 2


Power enough to smash ships and crush roofs. Yet it still must fear the sun. What is it?
Answer: Ice

All about the house, with his lady he dances. Yet he always works, and never romances. What is he?
Answer: A broom

Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it?
Answer: Time

A very pretty thing am I, fluttering in the pale-blue sky. Delicate, fragile on the wing, indeed I am a pretty thing.
Answer: A butterfly

To cross the water I'm the way, for water I'm above. I touch it not and, truth to say, I neither swim nor move.
Answer: A bridge

A father's child, a mother's child, yet no one's son.
Answer: Girl or Daughter

I have no voice and yet I speak to you, I tell of all things in the world that people do. I have leaves, but I am not a tree, I have pages, but I am not a bride or royalty. I have a spine and hinges, but I am not a man or a door, I have told you all, I cannot tell you more.
Answer: A book

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a head but never weeps?
Answer: A river

There is an ancient invention still used in some parts of the world today that allows people to see through walls. What is it?
Answer: A window

What has roots as nobody sees, is taller than trees. Up, up it goes, and yet never grows. What is it?
Answer: A mountain


No comments:

Post a Comment